Wrath

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

ADS Do you wish to bask in the beauty of hatred?

I've been away from this series for far too long. It's time to get back on track. And so I present the third installment of Seven


This one is a little different than "Envy" in that I didn't focus on an underlying insecurity present in the tg community. I realized that in order to properly capture the anger I wanted for this piece, I would have to start with a character who hates what has happened to them. So while those characters are abundant in tg captions, they really are not a true reflection of any of members of the community.

So instead of trying to force some type of deep meta crap that would just feel out of place, I just created a basic character and let them go where they wanted to. So after several trips down some very dark and rather graphic roads which really did not capture the psychological aspect I'm shooting for with this series I ended up at Robert Frost, who's influence can clearly be seen in the second to last stanza. In the end I finished with a character committed to "curing" the world, even if it means destroying a good bit of it along the way.

I'm not sure how well this piece is going to fit into the series as a whole, as I plan to follow the example of "Envy" more for the other pieces. But I have to say I really like how this turned out as a single panel caption, even if it can't quite stand on it's own as a full independent story.
ADS
 

Popular Posts