Gluttony

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

ADS What's wrong with a little overindulgence?


We've finally reached the halfway point of Seven. Hopefully the second half goes a little faster than the first.


So in this installment I wanted to look at the binge nature of the tg community. I know that when I first found entire websites devoted to this material, it wasn't uncommon for me to lose three to four hours chunks of time as I lost myself in reading every caption on the site.

Things have gotten a little better now that I've been around for a few years, but there are still plenty of times I've pushed back going to bed for an hour or two in order to read newly posted captions, and I know I'm not alone in doing that.

It's always difficult to say no to a free service, especially one that can cater so specifically to what you want. And it doesn't help that both sides actively encourage the behavior. Artists want more page views and comments, and readers want to see more material, allowing the two to fuel each other on to some crazy levels of production and interaction.

Please don't misunderstand what I'm saying, I love the way this community interacts and creates. I've just learned I have to be careful when I sit down to see what's been recently published, especially if I don't have the rest of the day free.
ADS
 

Popular Posts