Sloth

Thursday, May 23, 2013

ADS What happens when eternal bliss is never out of reach?


Is doing nothing really a sin? After all, it's not like you're hurting anyone...


With this installment of Seven I really wanted to explore the idea of how destructive the standard trope of "I'm a sexy girl, I'm never going to get out of bed again" could really be. The biggest issue I see with these kind of ideas is the complete lack of motivation characters who feel this way now suffer from. If all you've ever wanted is to be able to experience what it would be like to orgasm as a female, what would happen if you could do it as much as you wanted? Would you eventually create new goals for yourself? Or would you get lost in the process of living out your fantasy?

Part of why I find this particular sin so fascinating is that it seems so harmless. No one seemingly gets hurt through inaction, but taken too far it leads to the death of the individual. Without goals or aspirations, a person merely drifts along, all the while unaware of the destructive force this apparently harmless outlook has on their life.

Perhaps I'm taking this idea too far, but writing this caption has given me a lot to think about in my own life. And for that reason alone, this caption was worth creating. ADS
 

Popular Posts