Angel in the Night

Sunday, May 19, 2013

ADS
Happy weekend everyone. I had planned on using my down time today to find some new images and then create a new caption tomorrow, but this image just wouldn't wait. The story formed so quickly that I didn't want to risk losing it so I quit my search and went right into captioning. Unfortunately the speed with which I created the story was not present in the formatting process as well. I went through a ton of backgrounds before finding one I liked, and then it took me a longer than it should have to work it into my standard layout without the test becoming illegible. Needless to say the whole process just reminded me of why I'm primarily a writer, and not a designer.

Speaking of design, I've been considering including my titles in the captions themselves. Under my current system all my captions are labeled by their "production code" of C# while they're being made (which explains the odd names of the files I upload to the blog). I don't come up with a title until I'm making the actual blog post. But for today's caption the title came as I was writing it. I briefly messed around with including it before deciding I had spent enough time on this caption already and just went ahead without. But the whole process had me wondering, do you all want to see titles included in the actual caption? Or do you like the way they're formatted now?


ADS
 

Popular Posts