The Birth of Kylie

Monday, May 27, 2013

ADS
Before I get into the contents of today's post, just a quick administrative comment. I've decided that in order to catch up for missing last week, Monday's and Wednesday's updates will have two captions instead of one (assuming nothing crazy happens, fingers crossed.) So that just leaves one more caption to take care of, which brings us back to today's update.

I've decided that after a year and a half of writing captions, it was about time I included myself in one. I've held off on doing this for so long because I've always felt that I could write a better story if I created completely new characters every time. It's the same reason I don't do sequels to my captions, I tell the story I want to tell and then I move on. But during these past two weeks I came up with an idea that I liked so much I was willing to break both of those patterns, her name was Kylie.

I've seen a lot of captions where the guy loses himself to a female persona (including some of which I've written myself.) So I started to think, what if he didn't disappear. What if instead of being trapped in the situation, it was more like he was stuck in the passenger seat. So I played around with the idea of having two personalities in one body, the usual sort of dominant/submissive relationship that would cause, but something didn't feel right. I had changed the general premise, but I was still writing the same stuff I always had. So I decided to have some fun with it. I gave it a more playful tone, and threw in a little sarcastic humor. The final piece of the puzzle came when I realized that instead of being just two people in one body, I could also make it two different bodies in one life. When one personality is in control the body is male, when the other takes over it's female. But both personalities are always present and can constantly comment on what the other is doing.

The decision to include myself came when I realized how much enjoyed this idea, and this was something that wasn't going to be a one time affair. I figured there wasn't any better way to ensure I'd do this series justice than to have a more personal stake in seeing it's done right. I hope you all enjoy it, because I can promise that this is just the beginning.

ADS
 

Popular Posts