Corporate Punishment

Sunday, May 19, 2013

ADS
This was a request for Amber Smithe, who sent me the story outline and a massive photo set she wanted me to use images from. I changed the story around a bit as I decided to tell the whole thing through dialog, which also had the added effect of leading me to write the most awkward transformation description I've ever had in a caption. But as a whole I like how it turned out, and I hope Amber does too.

On a less pleasant note, I'm going to be taking some time off from captioning. I know what some of you are thinking "You're updating once every two weeks as it is, how much more time off do you need?"

To that I say...um...fair point. But here's my current creative process:

My current captions take me about 2 hours to make when you put everything together (image, background, story, formatting). But I usually only have about an hour of free time for captioning. So what usually happens is I end up with a lot of half formed ideas that end up on my to do list. Then when I do get time to revisit the ideas, I want to do something really good as I haven't posted in a while which kills my motivation to do most of the stuff I put on the list.

So I'm taking some time off where I won't look at anything captioning related. Hopefully it won't be much longer than the breaks between my updates are now, and I'll come back with some fresh ideas and the energy to do them. Some more free time would help too, but that doesn't see too likely.

Anyway, see you all again in a bit.


ADS
 

Popular Posts